So I am going off of my blogging schedule already…this is for two reasons:
1) I haven’t finished Dreamfever to write a book review, and
2) It is the last day of 2010 and I wanted to reflect on my year
This year was an emotional rollercoaster for me especially after having and giving my son up for adoption at the very end of 2009. Then having my brother and his fiancée find out they were pregnant at the beginning of the year and trying to continue through school with all the ups and downs.
Here are some bullet points from the year…
– I had two wonderful visits with the adoptive family and my son this year! It was great seeing him and how much he has grown in just one year.
– School was another struggle getting back into Kansas State University and having two successful semesters (only one more year left).
– Finally deciding to follow my career dream of becoming a police officer
– Starting a second job at the University Police Department in dispatch
– Going (now) almost two years without a man, single life is actually a lot of fun!
– Buying a new pickup that is all mine
– My brother and his fiancée having their son
– My brother and his fiancée now a married couple
– Dealing with the majority of my friends graduating and moving on
– Being happy and trying to deal with a lot of my friends getting engaged/married/pregnant after what I had just recently gone through
– Reopening my passion for reading and starting a blog
– Meeting some awesome bloggers and hopefully 2011 will bring many more
– Starting my Taekwondo classes in the summer and I’m going to continue with them until I at least receive my 1st degree black belt
– Trips to: Texas for my first professional hockey game for Detroit Red Wings, New Orleans, New York, Las Vegas, New Mexico, Reno and our Family Cruise for Spring Break on Royal Caribbean.
My hopes for 2011…
– To continue with my reading and blogging
– To keep making awesome blogger friends with my same passion/pastime
– Maybe go on a normal, old-fashioned date
– Graduate college
– Have 3 visits with Ashden John (my Son) and his family
I’m sure there is a lot more I’m forgetting but this year seemed to fly by without even a blink! So much has happened but it feels like in such a short time that I sometimes forget! Hopefully 2011 will also bring on some time for relaxing. I think I’m going to give myself a trip somewhere, all alone to take bubble baths, read lots of books, and just have my own alone time!
I hope you all had a wonderful year in 2010 and I hope you’ll have an even better 2011!!!!