**SPOILER ALERT!!!!! IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK OR THE PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES, DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS POST**
If you were unable to reread the book go HERE for a plot summary by Wikipedia (this is not my favorite plot summary presented from Wikipedia).
**Below are some discussion questions to get the discussion started. You can answer any of them you want or add in your own questions and thoughts while reading the book. PLEASE remember not to discuss events that occured in books 4-10 so individuals reading the series for the first time won’t have any spoilers occur here**
- What were your thoughts when Sookie found Eric and discovered that he had lost his memory? (pg 15)
- When you first read about Jason’s disapperence, what did you think was going on? (pg 55)
- Were you shocked to hear about the new group of witches in Shreveport? (pg 78)
- After everything that Debbie has done why do you think Alcide still believes and trusts her? (pg 100)
- All I can say is any feelings on the first love scene between Eric and Sookie? (pg 120)
- When Sookie visits Hotshot for the first time and meets Calvin who litterally asks her to mate with him, what were your thoughts on this whole section? (pg 132)
- Were you surprised when the Were’s showed up at Bill’s house to attack the lead witch? (pg 156/start of chapter 8)
- What were your thoughts of Claudine throughout the book? From when we first get a glimps of her at the bar, to being with Tara in the car to saving Sookie from a car wreck?
- Now that we know about all these supernatural beings, what are your thoughts on all of them (if you have any)? (Were’s, Vamps, Shifters, telepaths, witches, fairies and Wiccans)
- What were you feeling when the officers came to talk to Sookie about the panther print and then continuing on into make Jason sound like a psycho? (pg 190/beginning of chapter 10)
- What went through your mind when Bill announced his presence (pg 218) and when Alcide abjured Debbie (pg 221)?
- Did you enjoy the fight? Hard to follow? Enought details? Loved it? What did or didn’t you like about it? (Chapter 12)
- Do you think Eric’s personality when he is without his memories is his true personality? (pg 256)
- Were you shocked by the turn of events with Debbie? Any thoughts on the whole situation? (pg 257)
- How do you feel about how Sam and Sookie figured out where Jason must be? (pg 268)
- Clutching the afghan with the other hand, he trailed down the hall after me, a snow white giant in tiny red underwear. ~Sookie thinking about Eric (pg 24)
- If it came to a choice between upholding vampire interests and being my buddy…well, I guessed we were just going to have to cancel our sleepover, and here I’d been planning on French-braiding her hair. ~Sookie’s sarcastic thought of Pam (pg 39)
- “…And we used to be you. And we can love you, as well as feed off you. You could hardly say the lion wanted to caress the antelope.” ~Eric to Sookie (pg 53)
- If there were an international butt competition, Eric would win, hands down—-or checks up. ~Sookie (pg 119)
- Sometimes life just hands you more than you can take. Then you just accept. ~Sookie (pg 172)
- Doesn’t every gal want to into a room side by side with a gorgeous woman who practically has “I want to fuck” tattooed on her forehead? ~Sookie (pg 175)
- “The Were’s of Shreveport are allying with the vampires in battle. You can watch history being made, my telepathic friend.”~Pam (pg 208)
What are some questions you have about the book or the series up to this point?
What are your thoughts on the books, characters or events so far in the seires?