*SPOILER ALERT: If you have not read the Sookie Stackhouse Series or this book in particular do not continue to read this post. We will be discussing the book in-depth and will giveaway the whole plot*
Welcome back to Jen and I’s lovely discussion of the Sookie Stackhouse series! Can you believe it, we only have one more discussion before the release of book 11?!?!?! I know I can’t believe it, the time has gone by so fast! Enough of the intros, lets get down to business…
If you were unable to reread the book you can go HERE to get wikipedia’s plot summary to refresh your mind on the major events that occur in this book.
**Remember, you do NOT have to answer all of the questions below. The questions provided are to help you refresh your memory of certain events that occurred as well as help the discussion along. If you have thoughts on all the questions go ahead and answer them, if you have questions that are not listed below go ahead and ask them, this is a fun open discussion to see what other peoples thought and interpretations were during different events of the book.**
1. The big shifter and were reveal occurred and some people took it better than others. Were you surprised at how most people took it well? How did you feel about Arlene’s reaction? What about Sam’s Mom getting shot? (pg 8-17)
2. What were your thoughts on Eric tricking Sookie into giving him the ceremonial knife and now being “married” to him? (pg 35-41) What about Sam’s reaction when Sookie told him about it? (pg 95-96) Tara did a good job summarizing and giving her thoughts on this topic, do you think she was right? (pg 98-99)
3. We all knew that Sookie and Barry might be sought by the police after their performance at the bombing but were you shocked with the FBI showed up at her door? Did you know what they were there for from the very start or were you as confused as Sookie? (pg 45-49)
4. How did you react when Crystal was found killed and crucified in Merlotte’s parking lot? (pg 56)
5. Eric finally gave us more of a glimpse into his past before becoming a vampire. Do you have any thoughts or reactions to this? (pg 80-84)
6. So there are fairies who don’t like Niall and don’t like humans that have fairy blood and there is an evil half-fairy out there who looks just like Jason (pg 133-136). Wow, that’s a lot to take in. Shortly after the meeting with Claude and Claudine Sookie is approached by a fairy who she kills (pg 139-140). Any thoughts on the fairy war and Sookie’s killing?
7. Quinn showed up after Eric forbid him from coming into his area. What were your thoughts on the exchange between Quinn and Sookie and what about Bill’s sudden appearance? (pg 150-153)
8. Chapter 10 was a mix of emotions between Sookie and Eric. We know that they have a blood bond, we know they enjoy having sex with each other, we know they can talk very openly with each other and that they tell each other the truth (mostly) yet Sookie still feels apprehensive about her true feelings towards Eric. What were you thinking during this part? Do you think she might actually love him or do you think that their bond is really clouding up her feelings?
9. Jason wants Sookie to just forgive him and be fine with him again…do you think Sookie is being to hard on him or do you think she has every right to stay mad at him? (pg 172)
10. Starting at page 175 Arlene calls Sookie pretending to want to be friends again. When Sookie goes to see Arlene she finds out that Arlene is really helping plan Sookie’s murder with her fellowship groupies. Were you shocked by Arlene’s complete change in feelings toward Sookie to actually want her dead?
11. We find out what part Mel, Jason’s new best friend, played in what happened to Crystal and his big confession over being in love with Jason, were you shocked but this revelation or had you figured it out prior to it being told to us? (pg 237-242)
12. Starting at chapter 15 several events start to unravel:
We find out the true killers of Crystal. We find out that Sookie’s parents were murdered they didn’t die in a freak accident. The fairies Sookie refers to as One and Two torture her almost to death before Bill and Niall rescue here. Eric comes and gives Sookie blood so she can heal enough to move. The fairy war occurs with the death of all the enemies of Niall and Clancy and Trey Dawson. Did you have any particular thoughts about any of the events above or of anything else that happened during these parts?
13. Ok, what were your thoughts on finding out Claudine was pregnant on page 266 and then a little over 10 pages later you find out she has been killed???!!!
14. How do you feel about Niall’s goodbye and his decision to shut of the portals between the fairy world and earth? (pg 284-289)
15. Which vampire do you think Niall was talking about when he stated, “The vampire is not a bad man, and he loves you”? Was it Bill or Eric??? (pg 288)
Now lets get to discussion this very eventful book! 🙂