Since this week turned into Water for Elephants week here at my blog between my review for the book, my review for the movie, and my comparison review book vs. movie I decided to have a giveaway. I’ve been telling everyone and their Mother to read this book so I’m hoping this will encourage one lucky winner to read the book and start spreading the word as I have been doing.
From Publishers Weekly:
With its spotlight on elephants, Gruen’s romantic page-turner hinges on the human-animal bonds that drove her debut and its sequel (Riding Lessons and Flying Changes)—but without the mass appeal that horses hold. The novel, told in flashback by nonagenarian Jacob Jankowski, recounts the wild and wonderful period he spent with the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth, a traveling circus he joined during the Great Depression. When 23-year-old Jankowski learns that his parents have been killed in a car crash, leaving him penniless, he drops out of Cornell veterinary school and parlays his expertise with animals into a job with the circus, where he cares for a menagerie of exotic creatures[…] He also falls in love with Marlena, one of the show’s star performers—a romance complicated by Marlena’s husband, the unbalanced, sadistic circus boss who beats both his wife and the animals Jankowski cares for. Despite her often clichéd prose and the predictability of the story’s ending, Gruen skillfully humanizes the midgets, drunks, rubes and freaks who populate her book. (May 26)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- This giveaway is open to EVERYONE anywhere in the world.
- To enter please provide your e-mail with your comment
- Followers will get two entries (My definition of a follower are individuals who have been active on my blog in the past, not people who sign up right now to “follow me” just to receive two entries. OR a follower is someone who is following me currently on Twitter.)
- The giveaway will be open from now, May 20th, through Wednesday, May 25th. Giveaway closes at 11:59 pm Central Standard Time on the 25th.
- The Winner will be chosen randomly by random.org and announced Thursday, May 26th.
- Depending on when individuals get back to me the book will be in the mail Friday, May 27th.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my e-mail or another winner will be chosen.